Payroll and Pensions Specialist
Days and hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
A Career to Be Proud Of
As the world’s leading hearing specialist, operating in 29 countries across the world, we have one focus: our customers’ quality of life. Up and down the UK and Ireland, our dedicated front and back-office professionals are constantly working to offer the best and the latest innovations in diagnostic testing, fitting and hearing aid technologies. That’s because, from Hearing Care to Business Support roles, our people are devoted to improving life for people with hearing difficulties.
If you share our passion for Hearing Care, clinical excellence, and superior customer service, and if you want to be part of a close-knit global team that offers world-class training and international opportunities, then we have rewarding careers to challenge and develop your skills at Amplifon.
What We Can Offer You Upon Joining
- Basic salary of up to £30,000 per annum
- 25 days holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
- Auto-enrolment Pension
- Brand-new employee savings platform; Perkbox
To ensure that all monthly payrolls are processed in an accurate and timely manner ensuring payment deadline is met for all staff.
To support the administration of the Company’s debt portfolio liaising with external agents and full ownership of pensions contributions process.
To be the Payroll and Pensions systems expert and key point of contact for the business.
- Administer the day to day processing of all aspects of the Company payroll related to existing employees, new starters and leavers, including maintaining a thorough and efficient record keeping system.
- Accurately calculate payments and deductions in relation to timesheets, overtime, sickness, family friendly policy including but not limited to SSP, SMP and SPP etc.
- Ensure that the payroll is completed monthly and that all checks have taken place in line with internal protocol and Law 262.
- Collate thorough data to comply with mandatory reporting for internal and external sources both within the UK and Ireland.
- Liaise with the internal stakeholders, such as HR colleagues and Finance departments, to ensure that the payroll is managed effectively, and changes are handled efficiently.
- Act as a point of contact for pay queries and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with external stakeholders such as payroll providers.
- Maintain and challenge accuracy of data, building in recommendations where required to drive consistency and integrity
- Take every opportunity to audit data and reporting where necessary
HR Process Optimisation
- Develop standard processes, tools to drive consistent business results, keeping it simple and free from complexity
- Manage HR software/programmes, running reports and analytics
- Evaluate and challenge current practice and effectively implement change that supports improvement in the business process
- Prepare ad hoc reporting by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Present data in an effective /manageable way
- Establish and build key relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Skills and Competencies
- Good working knowledge of payroll software and legislative requirements
- Strong ability within Microsoft packages; especially Excel.
- Working knowledge of RTI submission and auto enrolment legislation and requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects with competing demands for resources.
- Results focused with an eye for details but able to see the big picture.
- Strong attention for detail to ensure consistency and accuracy in the quality of work.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- Handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the needs of each according to business impact.
- Relevant payroll qualifications or working towards.
- Experience of using Earnie IQ payroll platform and Oracle HR.
- Ability to overcome resistance and objections while delivering maximum satisfaction, always working towards a win-win situation which benefits both yourselves and the business
- Provide know how, experience and drive to deliver results in supporting your internal customer base both in Support Office and Branch to enable others to directly service the external customers better, smarter, more effectively.
- Open minded to change and always seek to improve your way of working, knowledge and attitude.
- Ensure smooth communication flow and sharing of information, adopting and adapting an effective communication style in order to support performance and growth of the team.
- High business integrity.
- High sense of initiative and self-motivation.
- Continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Quick thinking and adaptable