Summer Intern - Law Clerk Minneapolis, MN
Amplifon is the global leader in hearing solutions and services for retail expertise, customization and consumer care. More than 13,000 professionals every day in a network of 4,300 points of sale, 3,800 service centers and 1,900 affiliates, give back the joy of hearing, feeling and living to thousands of people across the world. Being the one and only global company in our industry focused purely on hearing care services, we are able to bring seven decades of experience to every single consultation. That means striving to give our customers a premium experience by equipping our people with the necessary time, the best and exclusive tools, the latest technology and the finest training from the moment they join.
Assist with finalizing M&A closing books and due diligence files, including assurance that all relevant documents are included in closing books. Also assist with post-closing activities and integration activities per instructions from Associate General Counsel.
Assist with drafting, annual reviews of, and creation of workforce access platform for compliance program. Program will be focused on HIPAA, CMS, NCQA, and privacy and marketing rules. Work will be performed at direction of Compliance Manager.
Assist with contract review and definition/entry of key metadata for database of active contracts. Assist with preparation of data for conversion to Oracle contract management module of new ERP system. Work will be performed under direction of Associate General Counsel and Department Legal Assistant.
- Must be a 1st year law student
- Enthusiastic; a capacity to overcome barriers and make impactful change
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to conduct analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate multi-dimensional concepts in a simple way to diverse audiences
- Ability to grasp new ideas and change direction quickly in a fast-pace environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities and carry out well-defined assignments according to established guidelines with little to no supervision
- Ability to recognize and diagnose issues, work in teams, and leverage the resources of other related practices to address client challenges
- Ability to draw conclusions from data in a logical, systematic way
While this is a highlight of what you’ll do, what you’ll get is great too:
* Excellent compensation
* Career path planning & mentorship * Award winning work/life balance
* An amazing team of colleagues and leader
We are moving!
We are thrilled to announce a move to downtown Minneapolis to 5th Street Towers in early 2019. This amazing building will offer collaborative spaces, an innovative work environment, and many amenities for all of our employees to enjoy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Ready to Amplify Your Career? Apply now…
This description is intended to be only a general outline of job activities. An employee is expected to perform these and any other activities which may be assigned or which may occur during work. This description is not a contract or guarantee of employment.