Associate General Counsel
Amplifon, the world’s largest distributor of hearing aid technology, is searching for an Associate General Counsel who is ready to take on the cornerstone challenges facing our industry.
Amplifon Americas’ accelerated growth requires diverse, authentic, creative, and dynamic talent. If your passion is leading, planning, and implementing legal initiatives that enhance Amplifon and its business, this is the perfect opportunity to amplify your career.
In this role, you will navigate internal and external relationships on a variety of topics related to corporate law, commercial contracting, franchise and trademark work. Most importantly, you’ll support our teams in delivering our mission of bringing sound to life for millions of customers.
Our teams rely on sound, experienced, and balanced legal support. Rather than forcing your opinion on others, your work will ensure business leaders are educated on the risks and ramifications of their decisions. Part of legal leadership among teams is navigating and being comfortable taking risks. Not crazy risks, but informed appropriate risks measured by compiling, analyzing, and reviewing quantitative & qualitative information.
Bringing a solid understanding of state and federal anti-kickback statutes and experience with retail sales and software/SaaS contracts will get you further faster.
When you can’t recall, or are not familiar with, the information you need, legal research should be another area you easily navigate.
Education and Experience:
- Corporate or law firm experience - 6+ years
- Experience in a global organization preferred
- Experience in healthcare/pharmaceutical/medical device industry preferred
- Current license to practice law
- BA/BS degree and JD degree
- Proven background in corporate law (contract law, licensing, corporate governance, fiduciary responsibilities, franchise law preferred but not required, trademark law preferred but not required)
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong business sense and sense of practicality with respect to business context
- Ability to communicate complex legal issues to business units in an understandable, practical way
- Ability to be flexible and change quickly based on shifting business priorities
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Analytical ability and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills for drafting complex documents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working in a global organization
- Medical device, pharma or healthcare background
- Experience in data privacy
While this is a highlight of what you’ll do, what you’ll get is pretty great too:
- Excellent compensation & benefits
- Career path planning & mentorship
- International project experience
- An amazing team of colleagues and leaders
Where to find us:
Our corporate office is in the hub of downtown Minneapolis in the 5th Street Towers. This amazing building offers collaborative spaces, an innovative work environment, and many amenities for our employees to enjoy. We were even recognized in Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal’s “Cool Offices” feature. Don’t take our word for it, check out the links below to see more:
**We are currently working in a hybrid work-from-home/office model**
Ready to Amplify Your Career? Apply now…
Amplifon is committed to providing an equitable workforce environment through our diverse and inclusive initiatives. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates diversity. At Amplifon, we provide a space where employees feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work every day. Connections matter, and we see storytelling as a way to bring people together, creating an open dialogue to foster change, acceptance, and understanding. We are dedicated to building an environment that nurtures individuals to be bold, think differently, and stand out from the crowd. Each of us plays a role in creating a safe and inclusive environment to establish a workplace culture of various backgrounds, perspectives, and skillsets. Representation matters, but more importantly, creating measurable change as we continue to help our customers rediscover the gift of sound.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.