Group Procurement Category Manager, Marketing
Who we are
Amplifon is an Italian multinational company and the global leader in hearing care solutions and services for retail expertise, customization and consumer care. More than 16,000 professionals every day in a network of 11,000 points of sale / service centers / affiliates, give back the joy of hearing, feeling and living to thousands of people across the world.
In Amplifon we believe people are the most important component of our success. Thanks to our best-in-class Hearing Care Professionals and front and back office Teams, we are able to put the everyday taps, pops and splashes back into the lives of our customers. We believe that it’s only through strong investment in talent engagement, continuous professional development, support and recognition that our people can exceed every limit and build a fulfilling career.
What we are looking for
The Procurement Category Manager will oversee activities related to the procurement of Marketing & Advertising goods and/or services for Amplifon.
Responsibilities include managing the sourcing process and developing/implementing procurement-related business strategies and tactics that deliver value along the dimensions of cost, quality, delivery/service, risk management and compliance.
This position will also partner with internal stakeholders ensuring alignment and achievement of business objectives.
The Sourcing Category Manager will manage key suppliers through Supplier Relationship Management practices such as contract management, scorecards, business reviews and other methods required to ensure the company’s best interests are served.
- Ensure expertise within the Marketing category area.
- Develop and execute the category management strategy, ensuring alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Plan and execute strategic and tactical sourcing plans for the category.
- Lead and drive multiple sourcing strategies related to Marketing goods and/or services through cross functional teams.
- Identify, design and implement continuous improvement activities aiming to optimize cost while guarantying better quality of service.
- Analyze the spend and identifies priorities in accordance with local constraints and central guidelines.
- Negotiate with suppliers to find the best quality services and parts at the best possible price.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders, cross-functional colleagues and suppliers.
- Troubleshoot problems and resolve issues with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Implement and monitor selected metrics to regularly monitor the main KPI’s (both at Global and Local level).
- Drive improvement initiatives in Quality, Reporting, Cost Reduction, Procedures, Supplier Audits, etc.
- Manage key suppliers through Supplier Relationship Management practices such as contract management, scorecards, business reviews and other methods required to ensure the company’s best interests are served.
What you'll need
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering or business related field required.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Procurement required- 10 years as a max.
- experience with category management required especially in Marketing
- Experience negotiating and finalizing business terms and conditions for supplier contracts.
- Self-starter, energetic and willing to leave a legacy
- Able to cope with diverse environment (different cultures; level of capabilities etc) and high level of stress.
- Ability to learn content quickly and apply a strategic lens to category spend.
- Mobile and open to travel
- Must have proved communication and team building skills.
- Fluency in English & Italian