‘Obvious’ is the most dangerous word in mathematics. Do you have a passion for finding the “why” behind numbers? Amplifon Americas, a leader in the rapidly growing hearing care industry, has a strong demand for a diverse, authentic, creative, and dynamic talent in our Lead Accountant role.
Our Accounting team seeks to add someone with innovative ideas, process improvement skills, and standardized workflows that will help us work smarter, not harder. Successfully enhancing our AP practices into sustainable processes will set your course for growth within our company.
A top candidate will lean on previous general ledger and accounts payable experience to streamline accurate and timely daily tasks. Learning how we process AP, purchase orders, and employee expense reports will get your wheels turning to create future efficiencies within our team.
Your curiosity will also be an asset as you prepare month-end account reconciliations and research out-standing items. Keeping up to speed with accounting principles, changing tax laws, and new legislation is paramount to add value and avoid risk.
Lastly, get ready to squash the stereotype that accountants are lone number crunchers in a cubicle. Collaboration is mission critical in this role as you guide teams through process changes and help them overcome challenges. You’ll also partner with leaders, learning the intricacies of our business so we can achieve our goal of giving the gift of sound to millions.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- General Ledger experience required, JD Edwards or Oracle preferred
- Advanced Office skills; able to design Excel workbooks necessary to analyze data and present findings using formulas, lookup, tables, and pivot charts
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting methods, principles, and the ability to apply this knowledge creatively in situations where procedures are not well defined
- Broad understanding of overall GL functions including AP, inter-company transactions, fixed assets, intangibles
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to focus on details and perform functions with accuracy
While this is a highlight of what you’ll do, what you’ll get is pretty great too:
- Excellent compensation & benefits
- Career path planning & mentorship opportunities
- Award winning work/life balance
- International business exposure
- An amazing team of diverse colleagues and leaders
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We Moved! We are thrilled to announce our recent relocation to downtown Minneapolis to 5th Street Towers on January 21st of 2019. This amazing building offers collaborative spaces, an innovative work environment, and many amenities for all of our employees to enjoy.