About the business
We are proud to be part of Amplifon Group – the global leader in hearing healthcare. With over 16,000 employees located across 29 countries, we transform the way hearing healthcare is perceived and experienced worldwide, changing the lives of millions of customers through the passion and superior care of our People. We offer exclusive, all around, highly customised hearing care solutions and services, guiding our customers through their hearing journey to rediscover all the emotions of sound. Together, we make more possible everyday!
About the role
We have a newly created opportunity for a Data Science leader to join our Marketing and CRM Function. Reporting to the Head of CRM and Operations, you will play a leadership role for data science across the organisation. With exposure to the entire business and customer journey, you will work to optimise marketing campaigns to generate business opportunity and growth.
To be successful you will have a curiosity streak, coupled with an ability to think critically and problem solve means that you always leave things in a much better state than what you found them in.
This is a great opportunity to lead how Amplifon approaches data science and optimise the end-to-end delivery of data and analytics by working across both projects and BaU in agile and traditional models.
The key accountabilities of the Data Scientist includes but not limited to:
- Playing a key leadership role in the Amplifon data science community where you will focus on uplifting how Amplifon's data science competencies and acting as a key advocate for data literacy across the company
- Use advanced analytics methods to extract insights from business data
- Participation in the delivery of a suite strategically-identified, cutting-edge data science use-cases that will cover the entire customer journey
- Perform analysis and build data-driven models to answer business questions and needs
- Create hypotheses and experiments to identify hidden relationships to direct new Sales strategies
- Developing visualisations and presentations that you will use to influence key stakeholders to implement key recommendations from data science initiatives
- Develop machine learning models with the aim to facilitate Sales processes
- Working with other team members across Marketing/CRM, IT, Reporting & Analytics to develop operational processes, practices and pipelines
- Working with our Data Governance function to identify opportunities and uplift data collection and quality practices
Benefits and perks
- Attractive and competitive base salary, tools of the trade
- 4 weeks annual leave + Birthday leave!
- A structured career path to help achieve your goals including potential opportunity in the future for a global assignment
- Amplifon training, career development and lots of e-learning tools
- Yearly flu vaccinations
- Join our conferences and team functions throughout the year
- Degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics, Computing and Engineering
- A background in data science, that preferably covers both but with one mandatory;
- Digital, customer or retail data science with experience in churn analytics, sentiment analysis (including data from voice and social/ text), customer segmentation, life time value model development and supporting call centre analytics and operations
- IoT/OT based-data science preferably but not mandatorily in the power generation space with exposure to OSIsoft PI or similar OT technologies
- Expertise in management of complex structures of data
- Have a strong inclination to data analysis combined with same attention to business impacts
- Possess strong analytical skills, mathematic abilities and business acumen
- Possess critical thinking, a clear and open communication, relational and team building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to share information.
- Excellent knowledge of Office package, with advanced expertise in Excel (pivot, macro, statistics formulas)
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of R or Python; nice to have knowledge of PowerBI, SSRS, Dataiku
- Demonstrated success in influencing stakeholders to deliver business results, sales and customer satisfaction improvements
- Able to build long-lasting relationships with customers, both internal and external, based on trust, professionalism and rapport.
- Open minded to change and always seek to improve your way of working, knowledge and attitude
- A self-starter approach with the confidence to look beyond the “here and now” for the “what could be”
- An alignment with company values
- A positive “can-do” attitude
- Organised, with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with conflicting time demands
- Ability to manage expectations & deliverables for multiple stakeholders
If this sounds like you, apply NOW today!
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage persons of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.