Hearing Care Assistant
A Career to be Proud Of
As the world’s leading hearing specialist, operating in 29 countries across the world, we have one focus: our customers’ quality of life. Up and down the UK and Ireland, our dedicated front and back-office professionals are constantly working to offer the best and the latest innovations in diagnostic testing, fitting and hearing aid technologies. That’s because, from Hearing Care to Business Support roles, our people are devoted to improving life for people with hearing difficulties.
If you share our passion for Hearing Care, clinical excellence, and superior customer service, and if you want to be part of a close-knit global team that offers world-class training and international opportunities, then we have rewarding careers to challenge and develop your skills at Amplifon.
What We Can Offer You Upon Joining
Amplifon are really excited to announce that we are looking to recruit Hearing Care Assistants into the business. This is a really exciting new career pathway for those HCA’s who wish to become qualified Hearing Aid Audiologists.
We will fully fund your nationally recognised qualification and offer you a clear career development pathway to become a fully qualified Hearing Aid Audiologist, with ongoing support from a devoted training team and a network of internal employees.
What we can offer you:
- Fully funded qualification in Hearing Aid Audiology
- 25 days holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work with industry leading diagnostic technology and testing methods
- An increase in salary and company car once becoming a qualified Hearing Aid Audiologist
- International development opportunities
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Access to Amplifon Savings
- Childcare Vouchers - on a salary sacrifice basis
- You will be eligible to apply for both Private Dental and Private Medical Insurance when you become fully qualified
We have an exciting career development opportunity for a Hearing Care Assistant to join our Grimsby clinic. Reporting to a Clinic Manager, you are responsible for delivering excellence in customer care and audiology services to Amplifon clients.
You are also responsible for:
- With indirect support from Hearing Aid Audiologist, deliver customer consultations to a professional, courteous and high-quality standard
- Provide customers with advice and guidance with the support of your supervising Hearing Aid Audiologist and reappoint as required
- Ensure compliance with Amplifon Standards of Professional Practice and the relevant, ethical and Standard operating protocols as prescribed by the relevant professional bodies such as HCPC / BSA / BAA/ BSHAA
- Complete customer follow-up contact and aftercare support
- Provide customers with a full aftercare service to meet their individual needs
- Be flexible and proactive to emerging opportunities to ensure that the clinic maximizes all profitable revenue streams
- Take preliminary background history of customers
- Complete all relevant aspects of consultation, fitting and rehabilitation as necessary with support from the Hearing Aid Audiologist
- To maintain and repair hearing aids as necessary
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Educated and trained Hearing Care Assistant
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of hearing aid technology
- Full driving licence
- The ability to build key working relationships with support office and clinic team members
- Results focus
- Decision making
- Analysis and judgement
- Organisational ability
- Energy and tenacity
- Ambition to develop into a qualified Hearing Aid Audiologist
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities such as distance learning and your day to day role along with travel to your place of work and place of study
The role will require the individual to be available to work additional hours to meet the needs of the business.
The post holder will need to travel within their clinic area and beyond within the Area as required.
For any queries, please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Grant Finney on 0161 209 7153
This recruitment post is not suitable for UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non-EU candidate, you will be required to provide all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.