‘Obvious’ is the most dangerous word in mathematics. Do you have a passion for inspiring teams to find the “why” behind numbers? Amplifon Americas, a leader in the rapidly growing hearing care industry, has a strong demand for a diverse, authentic, creative, and dynamic talent in our Director of Accounting role.
Our Accounting Operations team is seeking someone with innovative ideas, process improvement skills, and standardized workflows that will help us work smarter, not harder. Delivering leadership and GAAP/IFRS technical guidance to the team will set your course for success at Amplifon.
A top candidate will lean on previous GL/AR/AP experience to streamline and review monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes. Observe, absorb, and assess our current state so you can drive process improvements that increase efficiencies and value-added services to internal/external customers.
If you enjoy leading and engaging teams, you’ll thrive at Amplifon. Develop, train, retain and encourage knowledge sharing with your department and across borders with our international teams. The result: a “best-in-class” organization with a strong succession plan.
Lastly, get ready to squash the stereotype that accountants are lone number crunchers in a cubicle. Collaboration is mission critical in this role as you manage external audit vendors and participate in annual budgeting. You’ll also partner with global leaders, learning the intricacies of our business so we can achieve our goal of giving the gift of sound to millions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 8-10 years of related work experience required
- General Ledger experience required (JD Edwards preferred)
- Advanced Office skills; able to design Excel workbooks necessary to analyze data and present findings using formulas, lookup, tables, and pivot charts
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting methods, principles (GAAP & IFRS)
- Strong knowledge of GL functions including AP, inter-company transactions, fixed assets, intangibles
- CPA certification is preferred
- Public Accounting experience is preferred
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to focus on details and perform functions with accuracy
While this is a highlight of what you’ll do, what you’ll get is pretty great too:
- Excellent compensation & benefits
- Career path planning & mentorship
- Award winning work/life balance
- International project experience
- An amazing team of colleagues and leaders
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation during the interview and assessment process and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Ready to Amplify Your Career? Apply now…