Please note this is a 12 month Fixed Term contract
Days and hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
A Career to Be Proud Of
As the world’s leading hearing specialist, operating in 29 countries across the world, we have one focus: our customers’ quality of life. Up and down the UK and Ireland, our dedicated front and back-office professionals are constantly working to offer the best and the latest innovations in diagnostic testing, fitting and hearing aid technologies. That’s because, from Hearing Care to Business Support roles, our people are devoted to improving life for people with hearing difficulties.
If you share our passion for Hearing Care, clinical excellence, and superior customer service, and if you want to be part of a close-knit global team that offers world-class training and international opportunities, then we have rewarding careers to challenge and develop your skills at Amplifon.
What We Can Offer You Upon Joining
- Basic salary of up to £28,280 per annum
- 25 days holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
- Auto-enrolment Pension
- Brand-new employee savings platform; Perkbox
The Position Purpose
The Management Accountant role has two overarching objectives:
- Pivotal role in month end and year end preparations
- Maintenance of accurate day to day financial activities including; purchase orders, supplier invoices, employee expenses, payments, major contract management, Hearing aid and other products’ inventory, and responses to marketing activities
All activities are to be run under appropriate corporate governance guidelines (including Law 262) and ensuring appropriate segregation of duties.
- Ownership of month end procedures including accruals, prepayments and inter-company transactions
- Compilation of management accounts, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Monthly reporting of business performance, along with corporate reporting as and when required.
- Assist with the budget process and contractual obligations alignment.
- Manage administration KPI levels+.
- Assist with completeness of electronic data invoicing.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Monitor the outcome of specific projects to establish if objectives are being met and take corrective action where appropriate.
- Work on initiatives with members of the management team, with a view to controlling costs.
- Analyse any factors that affect business performance and predict possible outcomes and remedial measures.
- Ensure the completion of all dispenser commissions adjustments by deadlines.
- Maintenance of COG’s transactions with supplier pricing and budget expectations.
- Manage the introduction of new products and the resulting impact on business inventory levels.
- Monitor inventory levels of hearing aids and accessories and advise the leadership team on inventory strategy.
- Assist with the Item Master database ensuring global guidelines are adhered to.
- Ensure that purchasing guidelines are operated.
- Ensure that all payments to suppliers are made to company policy guidelines, at to ensure continuity of supply and/or service, without legal issues (for example, contractual payments)
- Manage the process of supplier purchase orders, invoices, employee expenses, petty cash returns on to PeopleSoft, from registration, through coding, authorisation, to data entry and payment.
- Manage and control the purchasing of hearing aid stock for external contracts.
- Support the branch and Support Office hearing aids inventory logistics.
- Month end & ad-hoc reporting of COG’S and inventory.
- Liasing effectively with the logistics team, as well as other functional departments.
- Continuously review current organisational effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work with IT on the improvement of back and front office systems and problem solving.
- To offer support and run projects as required by the business.
- Keep updated documentation of processes carried out to Law 262 standards.
- Ensure that work is fully documented, filed and are available for internal and external audit.
- Improve resource effectiveness.
Skills & Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of Excel e.g. Pivots and vlookups
- Good grounding in accounting principles
- ACCA/CIMA Part-qualified
- Proven skills and experience with people management issues
- Knowledge of Goal (sales operation system)
- Experience and understanding of retail organisations.
- Previous working knowledge of Peoplesoft (JD Edwards)
- Previous working knowledge of HFM
- You create an excellent first impression, build long-lasting relationships with customers, both internal and external, based on trust, professionalism and rapport.
- You encourage customers and influencers to provide relevant information and give feedback; you dig deeper to discover emotional needs, expectations and possible resistance
- You overcome resistance and objections while delivering maximum satisfaction, always working towards a win-win situation which benefits both yourselves and the business
- You provide your know how, experience and drive to deliver results in supporting your internal customer base both in Support Office and Branch to enable others to directly service the external customers better, smarter, more effectively.
- You are open minded to change and always seek to improve your way of working, knowledge and attitude.
- You set priorities and manage agenda and workload effectively showing flexibility in daily work in order to achieve goals and provide excellent customer service.
- You perform at the highest standards growing, updating and applying first-in-class knowledge, protocols and skills.
- You set an example of ethics and integrity for others, positively engaging with Company values, focus and programs.
- You actively develop strong relationships, a positive atmosphere and a winning team spirit, supporting others and promoting cooperation to achieve excellent results.
- You ensure smooth communication flow and sharing of information, adopting and adapting an effective communication style in order to support performance and growth of the team.
- You act as a role model, leading by example to guide, engage and develop people to a high level of achievement.
- You own targets and KPIs and are committed to achieve and exceed them. You continually challenge performance and raise the bar for yourself and the team.
- You seek opportunities to enhance the results of the business and support activities led by others to accomplish the same.
For any queries, please contact our Talent Acquisition Lead, Grant Finney on firstname.lastname@example.org 0161 2097153
This recruitment post is not suitable for UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non-EU candidate you will be required to provide all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.