Accounts Payable Officer - Mulgrave
At National Hearing Care we only employ the most talented and passionate individuals. We’re proud to say that our team is made up of an incredibly diverse range of people. Each has their own skills, their own strengths and their own distinct personalities – and every single one of them contributes to the day-to-day success of National Hearing Care in their own important way.
National Hearing Care is Australia's largest independent hearing services provider with over 300 clinics nationally. We are part of the Amplifon group, the world leader in the field of hearing rehabilitation. A new and exciting permanent opportunity exists for a Accounts Payable Officer to join our friendly Finance team located in Mulgrave on full time basis.
Reporting to Finance Manager, the Accounts Payable Officer is responsible for the end-to-end Accounts Payable processing, tracking and recording of payments and invoicing in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. This role is pivotal in providing financial and administrative support by processing payments and expenses with diligent and accurate receipting, processing and verifying controls, to ensure National Hearing Care’s operational excellence and compliance with internal policies and external legislations.
- End-to-end AP activities including setting up suppliers, data entry and processing of approved supplier invoices (including 3-way match of PO, Invoice and Delivery note) and sending remittances
- Perform monthly supplier statements and credit card reconciliations, including sourcing and inputting invoices, matching statements, requesting approvals where necessary and resolve any supplier queries
- Perform reconciliation activities for key balance sheet and income statements. This includes analysing income statement accounts i.e. summary showing General Ledger transactions and verifying significant transactions) to ensure all financial transactions are recorded and accounted for accurately and on time
- Provide assistance with the preparation of the monthly forecasts and annual budgets
- Proactive management and reduction of invoice discrepancies to ensure 100 % compliance with all Accounts Payable processes and internal controls
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to assist with the preparation of audit files and requests
- Share knowledge with team members through effective communication, process documentation and training to ensure accurate and consistent processing of Accounts Payable tasks and procedure
- Experience working in an end-to-end Accounts Payable function within a large organisation
- Familiarity with basic accounting procedures or ERP systems (Oracle/SAP system knowledge advantageous)
- Intermediate MS Office proficiency i.e. MS Excel (V-Look Ups & Pivot Tables), Outlook, Word, Powerpoint
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills i.e able to swiftly investigate discrepancies
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Possess a proactive approach to work and identifying opportunities for continual growth and improvements
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude to provide exceptional customer service
What you will get in return:
- A supportive environment, and ongoing learning and support
- Excellent company culture – we have fun at work!
- A company committed to growth and continuous learning
We are proud to demonstrate our values in everything we do - customer devotion, forward thinking, everyday excellence, acting responsibly, and personal impact. We are a driven team focused on continuous improvement so come and join us if you're ready for the challenge!