Retail Leasing Manager
About the business
We are proud to be part of Amplifon Group – the global leader in hearing healthcare. With over 16,000 employees located across 29 countries, we transform the way hearing healthcare is perceived and experienced worldwide, changing the lives of millions of customers through the passion and superior care of our People. We offer exclusive, all around, highly customised hearing care solutions and services, guiding our customers through their hearing journey to rediscover all the emotions of sound. Together, we make more possible everyday!
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Retail Leasing Manager to play a pivotal role within the Retail Excellence Team, providing strategic and technical advise and delivery of new stores, acquisitions, store extensions, lease renewals and management of the property portfolio in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and Amplifon’s business objectives.
- Contribute to the growth and ongoing profitability of the business through the identification, assessment and securing of suitable sites for new stores, relocations and extensions
- Conduct financial feasibility analysis and due diligence on new and existing sites including modelling freehold and leasehold acquisitions and opportunities
- Negotiate favourable lease terms and conditions across the existing portfolio at lease expiry and contribute to the implementation of the new store strategy
- Assist in developing and evolving property strategy for the existing network and entering new markets
- Manage the commercial and documentation negotiation process to ensure commercial terms focus on cost; long term security and site access for installation and maintenance
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and external vendors on new stores and refurbishments
- Constantly review poor performing stores and manage occupancy costs
- Resolving property or leasing related issues with landowners
- Responding to escalated requests for assistance from internal teams
- Prepare annual budget and detailed retail plan with credible forecasts for renewals & vacancies as well risk identification and mitigation activities
- Lease management tasks including make good management, provision of lease advice, processing of estimated outgoings and annual reconciliation of outgoings and management of market rent reviews
- Developing innovative practices and audit procedures to reduce total occupancy costs and helps minimise the cost of contract overheads without compromising Amplifon Australia’s property needs
- Ensuring payment of rent, outgoings and other occupancy costs are strictly in accordance with the lease document
- Undertake site inspections where required\
Benefits and perks
- Attractive and competitive base salary, tools of the trade
- 4 weeks annual leave + Birthday leave!
- A structured career path to help achieve your goals including potential opportunity in the future for a global assignment
- Amplifon training, career development and lots of e-learning tools
- Yearly flu vaccinations
- Join our conferences and team functions throughout the year
- Tertiary qualification in Property or Land Economics
- Significant experience in retail leasing within a fast paced and complex environment; managing the process from negotiation to execution either on the landlord or retail side
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Retail Leasing legislation across Australia
- Possess sound financial knowledge of deal structures with the ability to negotiate and interpret complex contracts and agreements
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills to successfully build and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers and internal stakeholders to optimise long term relationships
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills with an entrepreneurial approach, combined with strategic thinking to help drive cost efficiencies within our organisation and deliver transparent and reportable value that can be reflected in our bottom line.
If this sounds like you, apply NOW today!
As an employer who embraces Equal Opportunity and promotes diversity, we encourage persons of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians, to apply.