Mail Clerk - Flamingo Crossings Village
The Mail Clerk is responsible for and maintains the proper distribution and processing of incoming mail and packages for the community. In addition, the Mail Clerk ensures the proper stock is available for shipping projects and office supplies applicable to mail distribution and intake.
- Sort, distribute and collect deliveries included but not limited to: postal mail, FedEx, UPS, etc.
- Maintain organization of postal mail, packages, mail service equipment/supplies and storage area overall.
- Operate package delivery system for resident notifications and any mail service equipment.
- Track and maintain applicable records, systems, software and/or logs of mailings to include the notification process of packages for residents, follow up for package/mail pick up, etc.
- Understand, communicate, enforce, and follow American Campus and property policies and procedures regarding mailroom operations.
- Foster a positive, cooperative, and comfortable environment for residents by providing customer service support.
- Assist in any large-scale mailing projects for the community and/or marketing initiatives.
- Inventory all applicable supplies on a weekly basis.
- Request stock supply orders in a timely manner to management.
- Distribute and collect notices, reports, and forms as directed.
- Serve as liaison to other for mail services as needed and/or requested.
- Attend all staff meetings, in-services, and training sessions as directed and/or requested by management.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience in mail room operations preferred, but not required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Data entry.
- Effectively communicate with residents and co-workers.
- Perform basic math.
- Stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Handle large boxes of mail including heavy packages.