General Manager - Flagstaff Market
We are seeking a General Manager who is responsible for overseeing the entire operation of a student apartment community. The General Manager is responsible for payroll, personnel, student and community development, revenue, expenses, management contract obligations, university relations, timely collection of rent, and all company obligations. You will also supervise all property employees and be responsible for the hiring, training, termination, development, and rewards of all staff, while ensuring compliance with American Campus Communities policies and procedures.
We are passionate about our work and building community.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business; or 4 years’ experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skills in facility management, budgeting, analytical review of financials, leasing and marketing, residence life, supervision, business administration, public relations, and a combination of business and student development skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.