Service Desk Assistant - Homeport Hampton Roads
We are seeking a Service Desk Assistant who will serve as a member of our 24 hour service desk team at J – 53, NH – 156, Camp Allen or Newport News locations. Responsible for assisting residents with general needs, assisting with leasing and placements tasks, move-in, move-out tasks, answering phone and responding to emergencies as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming telephones calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Assists with referral/placements and move-in/move-out process.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, and perform other clerical duties as necessary.
- Remind residents of the on-line work order system; train residents (over the phone) on the on-line system, as needed.
- Registers new residents; assigns room numbers, issues room keys.
- Respond to incoming customers work orders requests, and input work orders from residents.
- Report customer service related issues to the appropriate property management staff as necessary.
- Coordinate day-to-day customer communication, and interact with the customers to foster ongoing relationships.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment