Area Maintenance Manager - Baltimore
We are seeking an Area Maintenance Manager that works independently by performing administrative and managerial work that involves coordinating and supervising the activities of the maintenance staff and outside vendors engaged in maintaining and repairing ACC buildings, grounds, facilities and equipment. Also responsible for supervising, coordinating and controlling all costs of maintenance and repair operations to insure the highest quality product and service, and to maximize the profitability of the operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Supervises and directs maintenance staff
- Supervises and ensures the maintenance of facility and grounds based on ACC and property objectives
- Assists the Maintenance Manager/Supervisor in developing, implementing and supervising an inspection program for all public areas and resident apartments to ensure proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained
- Assists the Maintenance Manager/Supervisor in developing, implementing and supervising the preventative maintenance programs for all buildings equipment and resident apartments, including the training of staff on the management of such programs
- Review and implementation of monthly property facility plan report with maintenance manager and maintenance lead technicians
- Review Facilities Intranet site folders, files and required data information
- Implementation of all standard facility operating procedures and policies, which include equipment preventative maintenance key control and loss prevention, work order processing and all life and safety systems and inspections
- Identify and recommend property wide facilities capital improvement opportunities
- Assist with selected capital improvement projects
- Attend monthly facilities conference call with corporate facilities department
- Assist with annual Turnover Planning for all properties that outlines the planning and execution of Turnover
- Assist with execution of Turn duties at selected properties during Turn
- Assist in purchasing, product specifications and vendor qualification
- Assist in ensuring that the maintenance department is properly staffed, prepared and set up
- Assist in staff training and warranty site issues
- Assist in the recruitment and training of maintenance staff, monitoring of maintenance managers’ performance and identifying additional training needs
- Travel related to providing corporate support to property facilities operations
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
To be successful in this position, you should have/be:
- Prior experience in student housing in a maintenance supervisor/manager position
- EPA Universal and CPO certified
- Trained to comply with all OSHA and NFPA and other safety inspections and regulations
- Prior experience in student housing Turn procedures
- Hands on experience in assisting and training personnel at the property level in all building trades to include but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC and basic computer skills
- The ability to work independently, work well under pressure, and ensure security and confidentiality of all property information