Facilities Manager - Homeport Hampton Roads
We are seeking a Facilities Manager who will be responsible for supervising, coordinating, and controlling all costs of maintenance and repair operations to insure the highest quality product and service, and to maximize the profitability of the operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains facility and grounds based on ACC and property objectives.
- Ensures the safe operation, maintenance and repair of all facility equipment, including compliance with all health, safety and OSHA programs, polices, procedures, and reports.
- Responds to all work orders in a timely manner, including after hours “on call” maintenance requests.
- Develops an inspection program for all public areas and resident apartments to ensure proper maintenance and standards are achieved and sustained.
- Develops and implements a preventative maintenance program for all buildings, equipment and resident apartments, including the training of the staff on the management of such program.
- Develops, schedules, coordinates and manages the Turn Program for the property in conjunction with the property manager, staff and ACC corporate staff.
- Ensures compliance with Key Control procedures.
- Ensures all ACC, city, state, federal, and EPA air conditioning and refrigeration record keeping requirements and procedures are met as to the maintaining, servicing, repairing, and disposing of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment and refrigerant.
- Maintains, inspects, and trains staff to assure the maintenance, cleanliness and appearance of all pool and spa areas and equipment.
- Ensures all pool and spa health department, city, state, and federal procedures, practices and record keeping requirements are followed to maintain the water chemistry and sanitation needed to present no health or accident hazards to users.
- Ensures that all storage areas, tools, and equipment are kept secure at all times.
- Make ready “out of order rooms” as quickly as possible to return to a rent ready status.
- Assists DHO in the development of the property capital budget and department annual budget.
- Ensures final inspection of all maintenance department related work and execution of all work orders. Performs staff functions whenever necessary.
- Ensures all fire and safety equipment is in compliance and working order with inspections to city, state and federal codes.
- Solicits bids from contractors and vendors; supervise all contracted work that is performed on property.
- Responsible for responding and handling all maintenance emergency related issues and then ensures execution of emergency procedures.
- Ensures all personal protection equipment for staff is in good working order, training is completed and documented.
- Communicates regularly with the DHO as to all maintenance related activities.
- Ensures follow-through and assists in all resident requests and complaints.
- Completes daily maintenance department paperwork in a timely manner.
- Conducts regular maintenance department meetings.
- Attends property staff meetings.
- Responds to ACC corporate staff communications.
- Schedules and maintains productivity and labor cost goals.
- Completes projects and assignments given by the property manager.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
To be successful in this position you should have:
- A minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- HVAC certificate preferred.
- Air conditioning and refrigeration certification by an EPA approved testing organization.
- Chiller and boiler system experience
- Working knowledge of email, word processing, spreadsheet, internet/intranet, and database software.