Cook - The Callaway House
We are seeking a Cook whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to: fabricating, cooking, and serving all secondary food items, which may include fried, sautéed, grilled, broiled, roasted, soup, sauce, vegetables, cereals, grains, beans, etc; providing assistance to the lead cook as requested; and maintaining a sanitary kitchen and work station.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a cook in an institutional kitchen.
- Within first week of employment, a food handler’s certification card with the local regulatory agency.
- The ability to cook a variety of foods in large quantities; make simple estimates relative to required food quantities, and knowledge of various types of dishes.