Resident Director - University Village at Laredo
We are seeking a Resident Director whose responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: individual and collective development of all students of residential community, planning and implementing community assistant (CA) hiring process, supervision of the CA staff including scheduling, training developing and performance evaluations, conducting staff meetings, coordinating monthly newsletter, coordinating after hours rotating schedule for professional staff, implementing education programming model, implementing social events, and assisting in daily operations. Living on-site is a requirement of this position.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred; or 2 years’ experience in the student housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- The ability to live on-site
- The ability to understand and adhere to policies and procedures, use basic math skills, and exercise effective verbal and written communication skills with residents and guests
- Experience in Residence Life, student development, wellness programming, events planning, crisis prevention and intervention