General Manager - GrandMarc Seven Corners
Do you have what it takes to work with the best team in the industry? American Campus Communities is seeking a General Manager that is passionate and motivated to lead a team to success. As community leaders for the premiere student housing provider in the nation, our General Managers are determined, hands-on individuals who drive evolution daily.
Our General Managers are the best at what they do and love where they work. These leaders have:
Direct oversight of property Financials (expense control & revenue generation), Leasing & Marketing, Facilities, Customer Engagement, and most importantly team supervision and leadership.
Effective interviewing, hiring, training, and leading of the best and brightest team members, empowered to:
- be creative in their work and take ownership
- connect with, and serve our prospective residents and parents, existing residents and parents, their neighboring university and staff, and their local community
- be passionate and innovative about marketing our community where residents can live, learn, & thrive
- ensuring our community’s curb appeal reflects the value of service we provide with pristinely clean and well-maintained grounds and facilities – curb appeal is EVERYONE’S responsibility - everyone picks up trash
- initial unit walk-throughs and inventory audits and orders
- vendor management and scheduling
- detailed planning and implementation of unit make-readies
- outgoing and incoming resident communication and mitigating potential “No Shows”
- well organized administrative process leading to a smooth move-in experience for residents and parents
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership, and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
Our ideal General Manager candidates have a bachelor’s degree in business and/or 4 years’ experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
American Campus Communities strives to empower a team where all employees are fully invested in their position as well as everything we do as a company. American Campus is searching for a candidate that exemplifies our core values such as “Put Students First” and “Pursue Growth”. These core values allow American Campus Communities to better support our students, communities, and staff. If you are looking for an industry leading company with a passion for students and community, apply today to begin your path to growth!