MARCOM Content Specialist
The Content Manager - MARCOM is responsible for the strategic execution of the company’s brand strategy as it relates to the corporate marketing and communications plan. The Content Manager – MARCOM will directly contribute to brand communications, including but not limited to: corporate social media planning and execution, corporate marketing both internal facing and external facing, corporate websites management. Content Manager - MARCOM will be directly responsible for creative copywriting and sourcing/creating materials consistent to the company brand and voice. In addition to managing corporate social media accounts, this position will participate in developing campaigns to build brand awareness, grow audiences, and drive engagement.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing the content calendar for corporate social media platforms.
- Day-to-day social media efforts and reporting for the company including, but not limited to, account management, post implementation based on content calendar, post engagement monitoring, and providing analytics/reporting.
- Work directly with department business owners and content creators to ensure brand consistency and ideal frequency in social media presence year-round as well as with individual campaigns.
- Responsible for sourcing photography/media for projects and campaigns as well as fact checking for captions, statistics, and other written documentation to ensure accuracy and strategic design.
- Managing corporate website(s) for updates, edits, blog writing and directly responsible for managing the corporate media page.
- Responsible for corporate communications and direction such as, but not limited to newsletters, blog posts, and brochures.
- Is an active member of the Culture Committee including, but not limited to: contributing to committee event/initiative ideas, scheduling, developing communication, coordinating internal/external parties, participating in setup, implementation, tear down etc.
Essential Duties: (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
- Creating and managing giveaways, large and small scale via corporate social media.
- Coordination of analytics for campaigns to identify success or ROI of marketing efforts in order to provide data to stakeholders as well as using your analysis to inform future actions.
- Gain a solid knowledge of company media campaigns to identify potential areas of improvement in order to support broader editorial efforts across our business.
- Create copy that communicates the American Campus Communities brand for marketing materials including, but not limited to, radio scripts, sports marketing, press releases, voice scripts, creative briefs, brochures, newsletters, email campaigns, letter campaigns and web copy as assigned.
- Work closely with the in-house Creative Team, and other ACC departments to interpret their needs, target audiences and desired end results on projects in order to execute marketing campaigns across all audiences.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership, and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a social media & digital marketing, copywriting, and/or content management; or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- Social Media platforms.
- Marketing campaign development and strategy techniques.
- Basics of visual marketing and branding guidelines.
- SEO basics.
- Website management.
- Effective written and verbal communication with both internal and external resources.
- Proofreading copy for spelling, grammar, and layout. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and coworkers.
- Organization with the ability to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks and projects at one time.
- Establishing and maintaining customer service through effective interpersonal communication, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communicating large-scale initiatives.
- Project management and prioritization.
- Attention to detail.
- Shows initiative and resourcefulness.
- Motivated self-starter, problem solver and team player with a hands-on approach.
- Advanced proficiency in social media platforms and target audiences.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, OneNote, Planner, Teams, Outlook.
- Think strategically.
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently as a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain a high level of organization and prioritize tasks.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Must have great creative energy and ability to generate ideas.
- Be autonomous in your approach but collaborative in execution.
- Comprehend multiple abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Adhere to in-house style and branding guidelines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses general cleaning product and materials. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job:
The employee is regularly required to:
- to talk/hear.
- stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to:
- sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to:
- 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.