Office Coordinator - The Summit at University City
We are seeking a Office Coordinator who will perform various administrative and customer service related duties in the office and provides overall administrative support for the community.
- Leads front desk operations with guest reception and referral to appropriate staff members.
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills consistent with American Campus values by placing needs, requests and follow-up as a number one priority; helps to ensure that all leasing and Community Assistant staff does the same.
- Monitors front desk operations
- Oversees all ingoing and outgoing mail procedures to include but not limited to, preparing outgoing mail on behalf of the office, receiving office/resident mail and packages, updating the resident package tracking system, notifying residents of received mail, following all company/community procedures for residents coming to receive their delivered mail and packages, etc.
- Provides administrative support for the property including data entry, filing, copying, etc.
- Answers phones, takes and delivers messages, transfers calls to appropriate staff member, etc.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Effectively communicates with all staff and office visitors to ensure appropriate information is relayed and customer needs are being met.
- Performs duties and assists in completing daily duties as outlined in the ACC BOSS program.
- Welcomes vendors and in-line with company policies/procedures provides the with access to the necessary facilities and/or units.
- Coordinate and order food for meetings and events as requested.
- Field general phone calls and emails.
- When necessary, participates in providing tours to prospective residents, parents, universities, affiliated partners, etc.
- When necessary, assists leasing staff in the office with gathering prospect information and data entry.
- Actively participates as necessary in staff meetings and trainings.
- Performs all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner.
We are passionate about our work and building community.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- 2+ years administrative experience preferred
- Student housing industry experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers
- Customer Service
- Organizational skills
- Time Management
- Strong computer skills
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, parents, university or community officials, or members of management
- Communicate effectively with management, residents or employees
- Work independently
- Be a team player
- Solve problems and recommend changes in office practices or procedures to improve efficiency