Office Coordinator - Flamingo Crossings Village
- Office Coordinator performs various administrative and customer service related duties in the office and provides overall administrative support for the community.
- Leads front desk operations with guest reception and referral to appropriate staff members.
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills consistent with American Campus values by placing needs, requests and follow-up as a number one priority; helps to ensure that all leasing and Community Assistant staff does the same.
- Monitors front desk operations
- Oversees all incoming and outgoing mail procedures to include but not limited to, preparing outgoing mail on behalf of the office, receiving office/resident mail and packages, updating the resident package tracking system, notifying residents of received mail, following all company/community procedures for residents coming to receive their delivered mail and packages, etc.
- Provides administrative support for the property including data entry, filing, copying, etc.
- Answers phones, takes and delivers messages, transfers calls to appropriate staff member, etc.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Effectively communicates with all staff and office visitors to ensure appropriate information is relayed and customer needs are being met.
- Performs duties and assists in completing daily duties as outlined in the ACC BOSS program.
- Welcomes vendors and in-line with company policies/procedures provides the with access to the necessary facilities and/or units.
- Coordinate and order food for meetings and events as requested.
- Field general phone calls and emails.
- When necessary, participates in providing tours to prospective residents, parents, universities, affiliated partners, etc.
- When necessary, assists leasing staff in the office with gathering prospect information and data entry.
- Actively participates as necessary in staff meetings and trainings.
- Performs all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
We are passionate about our work and building community.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer Focus
- Positive Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Proficiency
- Highly organized
- Ability to multitask
- 2+ years administrative experience preferred
- Student housing industry experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers.
- Customer Service
- Organizational skills
- Time Management
- Strong computer skills
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, prospective tenants, parents, university or community officials, affiliated partners, or members of management.
- Communicate effectively with residents, affiliated partners, management, and employees.
- Work independently.
- Be a team player.
- Solve problems and recommend changes in office practices or procedures to improve efficiency.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee will be making frequent walking trips between buildings.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The normal operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.