Kitchen Supervisor (PM Shift) | Sous Chef - The Callaway House Austin
We are seeking a PM Kitchen Supervisor, whose responsibilities include but are not limited to, directly supervising the daily operation of a specified unit and ensuring that daily schedules of activity and established quality standards are maintained. This is an afternoon/evening shift.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of departmental requirements and interprets their intent accurately to staff members.
- Monitors daily performance of staff and ensures compliance with established timetables.
- Monitors quality of products and services produced by staff and ensures compliance with established standards.
- Monitors sanitation and food handling practices of assigned unit and ensures staff compliance with established standards.
- Monitors all food served relative to appearance, temperature, sanitary and quality standards, and portion control.
- Monitors and records all the food temperatures, temperature of water in dish machine and cooler and freezer temperatures on a daily basis.
- Monitors the location of employees as to their whereabouts throughout their shift.
- Routinely inspects areas of assigned responsibility and reports all substandard safety, security, or equipment conditions to manager as observed by Manager.
- Consistently monitors standards and makes recommendations for change as observed by Manager.
- Controls food cost by establishing purchasing specifications, storeroom requisition systems, product storage requirements, standardization recipes, and waste control procedures.
- Responsible for all meals being served properly and according to the established policies and procedures.
- Before closing checks the entire facility relative to the cleanliness of all equipment and physical plant.
- Completes all performance evaluations of the employees under the supervision of the position holder.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
To be successful in this hourly position, you should have:
- a High School diploma or equivalent
- One year of kitchen management experience
- Must have, within first week employment, a food handler’s certification card with the local regulatory agency.
- Knowledgeable of kitchen management, food safety and preparation, and kitchen sanitation.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Properly rotate and store food products, fill unattended positions when asked by management, and understand and follow provided recipes