Resident Relations Coordinator - Flamingo Crossings Village
The Resident Relations Coordinator is responsible for implementing effective customer relations day-to-day that is focused on delivering unparalleled customer service to residents, and associated partners. The highest quality of customer service and focus on the resident experience will be a top requirement for this position.
Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills consistent with American Campus values by placing customer needs, requests and follow-up as a number one priority.
- Operate as a liaison between the residents and management, including resident services.
- Collaborates with the Resident Relations Manager, and as directed, other necessary staff and affiliated partners in effectively addressing resident relations issues and concerns.
- Live on-site and be responsible for after-hours on-call response as needed and/or directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Assists the Resident Relations Manager in ensuring the effective operation, organization, and assistance at the front desk.
- Assists the Resident Relations Manager in the supervision of the Community Assistant staff to include: office and on-call scheduling, weekly staff meetings, bi-weekly 1:1 meetings and assessments.
- Work closely with the Community Events Manager to ensure scheduling of Community Assistant staff for the effective planning and implementation of all planned events.
- Work closely with the Reservations Manager to execute efficient, well organized move-in and move-out procedures to maximize customer service and experience outcomes.
- Assist in the supervision of the Community Assistant staff, including scheduling, training, developing and performance evaluation.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
We are passionate about our work and building community.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Business Acumen.
- Decision Making.
- Results Driven.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree; and/or 3 years’ experience in the student housing and/or hospitality industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Customer service..
- Communicating effectively, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers.
- Administrative and organizational skills.
- Address common inquiries or complaints from residents/customers, affiliated partners, and/or members of management.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be required to drive a vehicle (intrastate and interstate travel) and/or be subject to air travel for purposes of Company business.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.