Bookkeeper - The Jack
We are seeking a Bookkeeper whose responsibilities include administrative and customer service work by maintaining accurate records of financial transactions concerning current and non-current resident accounts, applicant accounts, miscellaneous income accounts, etc.
- Responsible for overall accuracy of all accounts receivables.
- Processing and reconciling daily payments and deposits to ensure appropriate revenue and expenses are maintained.
- Ensure effective delinquency practices
- Effectively complete regular financial transaction audits
- Effectively implement all processes involved in resident move-out/transfer/move-in
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- Associate’s degree in accounting preferred; or 2 years’ experience in the student/multi-family housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of MRI, Microsoft Office, and Leasing & Marketing
- Skills in communication and customer service.
- Ability to address individuals, multitask, work independently, detail oriented, and self-starter with a hands-on approach.