Community Events Coordinator - Flamingo Crossings Village
The Community Events Coordinator will assist in the planning, organization, and implementation of memorable community-wide events focused on creating an enhanced living experience for our residents. The Community Events Coordinator will collaborate with our operations team and associated program partners to assist in coordinating high quality, well executed opportunities for resident engagement with fellow residents, staff, and associated program partner(s).
- Develop creative ideas for high quality community events that are designed to encourage resident-to-resident interaction, resident-to-staff interaction, and/or resident-to-associated program partners in meaningful and memorable ways.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of a comprehensive events calendar as outlined and directed by the Regional Vice President and/or Community Director(s) including important task completion/delivery dates for the various events scheduled on the calendar.
- For all events, create and consistently manage/update an event specific “Task List” that outlines all necessary items for completion need to effectively delivery a high-quality, well-organized event.
- Create and implement effective marketing campaigns and communication to residents to ensure strong attendance of community events (collaborating with associated program partners when necessary).
- Effectively communicate and work with necessary on-site managers to schedule staff and set expectations for that staff in the planning and implementation of all planned events.
- Effectively manage all day-of event details such as location and location set-up, equipment, food/beverage, necessary supplies, and décor as needed.
Essential Duties (other duties may be assigned):
- Assist in maintaining an organized list of associated vendors and current contact information.
- Maintain working knowledge of and adherence to event related vendor contracts to ensure cost effectiveness, accuracy, appropriate contract dates, and all supporting documentation as outlined by company policies and procedures.
- Ensure customer service and engagement is a primary tenant of all development, planning, and implementation of all event related interactions with residents, associated partners, and fellow staff.
- Regularly review effectiveness of organization and execution of events after the fact for opportunities to improve the future quality of events in development and implementation and resident satisfaction.
- Collaborate closely with other departments including, but not limited to: operations, placements, facilities etc. in training and scheduling of other community staff as necessary for implementing resident events/engagement and building community.
- When addressing resident/customer concerns, provide high quality customer service through effective problem solving and communication with all necessary residents/customers, community managers, maintenance, and affiliated partners.
- Assist in administrative needs of the business as requested by the Regional Vice President and/or Community Manager(s). This may include but is not limited to: office administration, resident move-out/move-in, Turnover process, etc.
American Campus Communities Culture Commitments:
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash in the office and around our communities. No matter their position or duration at the organization, everyone picks up trash.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree; and/or at least 2 years’ experience in the event coordinating and/or student housing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strategic Marketing.
- Digital and Social Media Marketing.
- Communicating effectively, both verbal and written, with internal and external customers.
- Customer service.
- Ability to multitask.
- Detailed oriented.
- Ability to be a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
Certificates and Licenses:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee may be required to drive a vehicle (intrastate and interstate travel) and/or be subject to air travel for purposes of Company business.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work may change based upon the needs of the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.