Area Leasing and Marketing Manager - Kennesaw Market
We are seeking an Area Leasing and Marketing Manager who is responsible for coordinating and supervising the activities of the leasing and marketing departments for an individual market or multiple markets to ensure maximum occupancy.
Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Oversee and train leasing staff on all functions necessary to close the sale including making appointments, generating new leads, conducting tours, maintaining show rooms, and any follow-up necessary.
- Produce and coordinate the publication of advertisements for periodicals, direct mailers, follow-up letters, telemarketing campaigns, in-house programs, etc.
- Attend after-hours marketing events as needed, lead on-campus marketing efforts, and develop relationships with local businesses for co-marketing opportunities.
- Responsible for the management and implementation of the leasing process and systems including LAMS, CMR, property audits and room assignments.
- Ensures the regular completion of market surveys, including university and local marketing conditions.
- Develop social media marketing strategies and implementation.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred; or 2 years’ experience in leasing and sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in the student housing industry preferred.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting general business correspondence and leasing documents.
- Experience writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Strong customer service, organizational, and leadership skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively with management, residents and employees.