Assistant Food Service Director - The Castilian
The Assistant Food & Beverage Director is responsible for the operation of Food Service on a shift basis as directed by the Food & Beverage Director. The Assistant Food & Beverage Director is an effective part of the ACC Food Service Division. The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Assists in preparation of menu items and foods needed as directed by the Food & Beverage Director for the shift assigned.
- Assists the Food and Beverage Director in all menu preparation, line set-up, finish preparation, service and inventory, receiving, and storage of all food and supply products.
- Performs sanitation and food service cleaning to meet the required standards.
- Properly opens the Food Service on shift assigned. Closes or opens Food Service as required to ACC sanitation standards and requirements.
- Prepares required management reports and forecast.
- Performs daily check-outs and deposits to ensure accuracy and proper documentation.
- Maintains all financial controls and controls all cashier/resident/guest transactions and records, as needed.
- Supports the Food Service staff in delivering legendary guest service.
- Performs daily pre-shift inspections and meetings.
- Visits with guests, works the Food Service floor while on duty.
- Coordinates with Supervisors to ensure all orders are delivered in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Fills in where needed to ensure efficient operations.
- Implements improvements in Food Service requested by the Management Team.
- Provides training to all new food service personnel on necessary standards for their position.
- Ensures all personnel are following food service sanitation requirements and safety standards.
- Maintains profitability of Food Service Department (as assigned)
- Performs other tasks and duties required to successfully and efficiently operate the Food Service.
To be successful in this position, you should have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the culinary field
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of food preparation and packaging, sanitation requirements concerning food handling and storage, and all health code rules pertaining to food service
- Skills in customer service
- The ability to be on your feet most of the day and lift or carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds