Facilities Operation Specialist
The Facilities Operation Specialist works independently by performing administrative and managerial work that involves coordinating and supervising the activities of the maintenance staff and outside vendors engaged in maintaining and repairing ACC buildings, grounds, facilities and equipment. Also responsible for supervising, coordinating and controlling all costs of maintenance and repair operations to insure the highest quality product and service, and to maximize the profitability of the operation.
We are passionate about our work and building community.
- Our people are devoted to a culture of inclusion, diversity, and equality in the workplace and our communities. We are committed to intentionally executing an evolving set of goals specific to inclusion, diversity, and accountability, driven by empathetic leadership and embraced by all.
- The core of American Campus culture involves everyone being fully invested in everything that we do down to picking up the smallest piece of trash. No matter their position or duration at any given property, everyone picks up trash because we take pride in our community.
- Serve as an American Campus representative and liaison in all interactions.
- Certain activities involved in this position may be photographed and/or video and audio recorded for quality control and/or training purposes. Compliance with the Photo, Video and Voice Recording Policy is a condition of employment.
- A minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience, including HVAC, plumbing and electrical
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Air conditioning and refrigeration certification by an EPA Type 2 or above approved testing organization
- Position requires extensive travel for extended periods of time related to providing corporate support to property facilities operations
- Position requires previous experience in student housing, apartment or hotel in a maintenance manager position
- EPA Universal certified, CPO certified, and trained to comply with all OSHA and NFPA and other safety inspections and regulations
- Experienced in student housing Turn procedures, key control, and construction methods including final acceptance relating to punch of the units and buildings
- Computer skills in using the ACC Intranet site, Excel, WORD, and work order databases
- Hands-on experience in assisting and training personnel at the property level in all building trades to include carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and computer skills