Voice Production & Speech Faculty (VPS)
The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost postsecondary performing arts schools in the country. AMDA NY offers a two-year conservatory program.
AMDA seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber to join the Voice Production and Speech (VPS) Department! We are accepting resumes for part-time positions at our New York campus for the Fall Semester (Oct 18, 2021 - Feb 12, 2022).
Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching, honed from personal performing experience on a professional level and pedagogy of teaching at a college level.
AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from "working faculty”. Applicants must have performance experience within the industry; preference will be given to instructors with recent / current performance credits.
- College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material, is required.
- Certification in or advanced working knowledge of Fitzmaurice Voicework, Linklater, Lessac and Rodenburg techniques preferred.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of IPA phonetics.
- Applicants will have experience in providing and maintaining a professional atmosphere within the classroom.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels.
- Applicants will be able to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) / Master's degree or higher (MFA/MA preferred) / or comparable educational or professional experience.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V