Administrative Assistant—Student Affairs
AMDA College of the Performing Arts, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as a two-year programs.
The Administrative Assistant will be the first point of contact for the Student Affairs Department. In addition, this position administratively supports Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Student Life, Housing, and Parking.
The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:• Answer incoming phone calls in a prompt and courteous manner and forward to the appropriate individuals
• Greet visitors in a courteous and professional manner, and notify party of visitor’s arrival; provide general information to visitors being conscious of privacy and confidentiality issues in a public space
• Schedule student appointments with staff using specified format in Outlook
• Maintain an organized reception area with updated versions of printed reference materials at the front desk, such as scholarship information
• Maintain stocking of communal office supplies
• Check staff mailboxes and distribute mail appropriately, collect and distribute student forms, coordinate weekly mailings to the New York campus
• Create and maintain various student files by department and coordinate record retention/destruction project for each department
• Provide follow up phone calls to students and parents regarding missing paperwork, requirements, etc.
• Process, track and coordinate Scholarship Appeal agenda and recipient service hours, transcripts, and faculty feedback in collaboration with Education Office
• Compile and distribute meeting minutes for staff meetings
• Support staff in preparing for Orientation and other student events
• Process parking forms by confirming payment with Student Accounts and logging information according to documented procedure
• Communicate parking notices and assist in enforcing parking rules and regulations according to documented procedure
• Supervise student employees
• Serve as liaison with Facilities and IT for department work orders
• Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
Minimum Qualifications:• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
• Minimum of 1 – 2 years of office experience in a diversified customer service oriented office
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
• Ability to type 60+ WPM
• Ability to handle multifaceted tasks
• Great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to keep information in confidence as it relates to privacy and FERPA
• Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change
• Works independently and exceeds expectations
• Able to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines without compromising quality
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.