Mathematics Faculty Job Description
AMDA is seeking passionate, student-centered, and highly qualified part-time adjunct instructors to teach undergraduate Mathematics courses. These courses are delivered online through various synchronous and asynchronous learning opportunities, using a combination of instructional technologies that include Canvas and Zoom. Teaching assignment(s) may include courses within the field of Mathematics. Faculty members at AMDA are responsible for providing highly effective instruction through well-prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning, clear documentation of student progress, and support of academic success for all students.
AMDA College of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as Graduate Degree programs and two-year Conservatory Certificate programs.
Faculty Responsibilities Include:
- Providing instruction in accordance with established curricula, course outlines, and class schedules
- Creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking
- Providing a learning vehicle for diversity and inclusion content
- Evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and assessing student work
- Maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics
- Maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas
- Fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time adjunct faculty member
- Maintaining accurate academic records
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Required Educational Credentials:
- Terminal degree in the field of Mathematics
- Extensive experience in higher education, plus a Master's degree in Mathematics
Required Professional Expertise:
- A minimum of three years of teaching in the field of Mathematics, in a post-secondary setting
- Experience with innovative teaching methodologies that focus on creating an engaging, student-centered learning environment
- Currency and depth of knowledge in the applicable professional field
- Knowledge of and commitment to teaching strategies and practices that enhance student success at higher education institutions, including effective use of technology
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Successful candidates will be able to apply their discipline expertise in a manner/context that is relevant to emerging performing artists, in an online environment
- Active scholarship in related field
Diversity and Qualifications:
- Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' learning styles.
- AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Instructors who are members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer N/F/D/V.