Facilities Maintenance Technician
AMDA College of the Performing Arts, with campuses in New York City and Los Angeles, is one of the foremost post-secondary performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelors of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre, and Performing Arts, as well as two year conservatory programs.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for the general maintenance of the physical condition of all our Los Angeles facilities. The ideal candidate should possess excellent general maintenance skills, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, and related repair work, and will take responsibility for the upkeep and appearance of our administrative, classroom, and housing facilities. A successful candidate will be expected to pay great attention to detail and take pride in creating and maintaining a clean, safe, functional and welcoming environment for the school's students, staff and faculty.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a wide variety of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, including HVAC.
- Review service requests for repair and maintenance and determine nature of problem and recommend appropriate solution(s).
- Prioritize maintenance requests/issues to meet institutional standards and objectives.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventive maintenance or repair on production machines such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes and similar items.
- Participate as a Safety Committee member and Emergency Response Team member.
- Assist in the movement of furniture, materials and equipment, as required.
- Initiate and coordinate work of outside contractors.
- Utilize a wide variety of hand and portable power tools.
- Perform the necessary functions to ensure the cleanliness, functionality, and aesthetics of the campus.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years general facility maintenance experience or experience working in a related trade.
- Knowledge in heating ventilation & air-conditioning (HVAC), electrical, plumbing, and mechanical skilled trades.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office computer systems.
- Familiarity with CMMS systems.
- Must have excellent mobility and be able to climb ladders, stand frequently, and use arms and hands continuously.
- Must be able to distinguish colors and operate power tools and other machinery.
- Must have a valid CA driver's license.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Preference will be given to applicants who hold a professional trade license, particularly those with licensure as painters, plumbers or carpenters.
- A proficient understanding of building codes is highly desirable.
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V