On-Camera Faculty - Acting for Camera
AMDA College of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts as well as two year conservatory programs.
AMDA is seeking instructors with Acting, TV, and Film experience designed specifically for teaching acting as related to the techniques and challenges in a film/video medium. Applicants must possess the ability to effectively guide and communicate with actors in all levels of acting and audition techniques for TV and film. A working knowledge of video equipment (camera, boom, monitor, etc.) as used in the class environment is required; practical skills with editing are a plus. Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching, honed from personal performing experience on a professional level and pedagogy of teaching at a college level.
- AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from "working faculty". Applicants must have experience within the Performing Arts industry.
- Preference will be given to instructors with recent/current credits.
- College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material is required.
- Applicants must have experience in providing and maintaining a professional studio and performance atmosphere for education.
- Successful applicants must have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels.
- Knowledge of current techniques and trends for acting on camera.
- Applicants must be able to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
- BFA required/Master's Degree or higher (preferred) / or comparable educational or professional experience.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.