The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost postsecondary performing arts schools in the country. AMDA NY offers a two-year conservatory program.
AMDA seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber to join the Acting Department! We are accepting resumes for this position who can teach "Dance for the Camera" classes at our New York campus for the Spring Semester Semester (March 8 - June 18, 2021).
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of professional editing software such as Davinci Resolve and/or Adobe Premiere editing software, and experience teaching the same. The candidate will also have basic experience with directing and working with dancers on film and cinematography. The course objective is to teach students how to produce dance reels for self-promotion and auditioning. The scheduled course will require evening availability (5:30pm – 11:30pm) and some weekends.
- AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from "working faculty." Applicants must have performance experience within the industry.
- Experience with a variety of styles, and periods, is a plus.
- College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material, is required.
- Applicants will have experience in providing and maintaining a professional rehearsal and performance atmosphere within the classroom.
- Experience teaching a variety of styles, and periods, is a plus.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels.
- Applicants will be able to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) / Master's degree or higher (preferred) / or comparable educational or professional experience.