Underwriter Team lead
At AMBA, we’re creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. As a part of our team, you will bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to colleagues that value you personally and professionally – regardless of who you are, what you look like, who you love or what your beliefs are. Join us and let’s do great things together.
AMBA is seeking candidates for the following position based in our new Urbandale, Iowa office (Austin, TX, Pheonix & Scottsdale, AZ, and Mechanicsburg, PA will also be considered): Underwriter Team Lead
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration, and valued partnership with the business.
- Competitive pay (salary and), full benefits package
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement plan
We will Count on you to:
- Take the lead on projects and complex files.
- Work on accounts across multiple product lines.
- Adjust rates within set parameters based on risk.
- Evaluate and interpret application guidelines.
- Quote prices to brokers and clients.
- Provide application and policy consultation to clients and brokers.
- Bind policies and handles mid-term communication and requests.
- Review files based on underwriting experience by product.
- Act as a primary liaison to the carrier.
- Suggest new solutions, process improvements and changes or trends to management.
- Provides underwriting support to staff, acting as a resource and mentor by providing feedback.
- Train new colleagues in the department.
- Build employee relations and improves teamwork. Reviews files based on underwriting experience.
- May evaluate quality assurance, help test new rates, and process appeals as specified by the carrier.
What you need to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates strategic thinking
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy
- Ability to lead others
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance
- High School Diploma
- Property & Casualty license required. If not licensed, must be able to obtain within 45 days of employment
What Makes You Stand Out?
- College degree or 5+ years related experience
- Insurance or customer service experience is preferred