At AMBA, we’re creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. As a part of our team, you will bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to colleagues that value you personally and professionally – regardless of who you are, what you look like, who you love or what your beliefs are. Join us and let’s do great things together.
AMBA is seeking candidates for the following position based in our new Urbandale, Iowa office: Underwriter II
What is in it for you?
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration, and valued partnership with the business.
- Competitive pay (salary and), full benefits package
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Tuition Reimbursement plan
We will Count on you to:
- Handle accounts across multiple product lines.
- Adjust rates within set parameters based on risk.
- Evaluate and interpret application guidelines.
- Quote prices to brokers and clients.
- Provide application and policy consultation to clients and brokers.
- Bind policies and handle mid-term communication and requests.
- Review files based on underwriting experience by product.
- Act as a resource and mentor and provides feedback.
- Train new colleagues in the department.
- Build employee relations and improve teamwork.
- Work on multiple programs and/or products
- Apply and interpret guidelines & rating rules in their evaluation of a risk with limited supervision
- Demonstrate a solid underwriting acumen
- Makes logical and precise recommendations to the carrier when required
- Train and mentor other underwriting colleagues
- Assist with projects as needed
- Ensure that all regulatory, compliance and transparency requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures
- Manages workload within established service levels and/or production requirements
What you need to have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates critical thinking
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance
- Highschool diploma
What Makes You Stand Out?
- College degree or 5+ years related experience
- Insurance or customer service experience