Inside Sales Account Development
AMBA provides much-needed coverage to retired and active educators, police, firefighters and other state, city, and municipal workers. Founded in 1981, we have longstanding exclusive endorsements with more than 74 state Associations across 36 states. The Inside Sales Account Development team is an established successful team within AMBA looking to grow its team size and impact.
AMBA’s Inside Sales Account Development team engages members and policyholders from some of the largest retired public employee associations in the nation. The Account Development team role provides presentations by phone on program details and memberships and facilitates enrollments while on the phone with members. They focus on building value and selling our dental, vision, and membership products to customers and prospects.
- In Texas, we are exclusively endorsed by the Retired State Employees Association of Texas, State Firefighters' and Fire Marshals' Association of Texas, Texas Community College Teachers Association, the Texas Public Employees Association, and the Texas Retired Teachers Association to handle their member benefits.
Inside Sales Account Development team members are compensated via hourly pay ($16/hour), monthly bonuses, and health benefits. Initial signing bonus available as well as additional incentives.
High-Level Position Responsibilities
- This role will take 50-60 inbound phone calls from members and nonmembers daily, with opportunities to make outbound calls to prospective members when inbound call volume is lower.
- Responsible for selling Dental & Vision products as well as memberships for our associations.
- Serve as an advocate for our Association Partners.
- Provide a best-in-class member experience when answering questions in regards to existing policies or other sales & service-related inquiries.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- 1 year of Call Center experience preferred
- 1+ Sales Experience preferred
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to speak, listen and write effectively (i.e., strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills)
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to navigate efficiently within the technology platform and record all activities performed for the member in the designated timeframe of the call.
- Flexibility with scheduling and work hours.
- Ability to work within a team but driven by individual results.
- Texas Health Insurance license preferred but not required