Assistant Program Coordinator
The Assistant Program Coordinator works in a support role to ensure the water and energy education programs are delivered effectively and efficiently to schools nationwide. The primary duties of this role place an emphasis on, but are not limited to, preliminary research and data entry. Assistant Program Coordinators also support their department by organizing and noting incoming feedback and program participant concerns throughout the program’s implementation.
- Franklin Energy: With over two decades in energy efficiency, demand response and technology experience, Franklin Energy designs and implements innovative, customer-focused grid optimization programs for utility, state and municipality clients nationwide and into Canada. Our expertise pinpoints goal-focused solutions for clients and their customers across residential, multifamily, small business, commercial/industrial and education markets. Franklin Energy’s award-winning marketing team includes nearly 50 digital and foundational marketing experts, located throughout the Unites States.
- AM Conservation Group: Since 1989, AM Conservation has been the utility industry’s leading provider of energy and water saving products, kits and online stores. We manufacture and distribute nearly 400 energy efficiency and water conservation products, which are custom engineered for the unique needs of the industry and carry ENERGY STAR® and WaterSense® certifications. AM Conservation Group’s product lines include the Niagara Conservation and Simply Conserve product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Verification & research about various schools and program participants via phone (70%) and internet (30%)
- Maintain and update (data entry) company database
- Administrative tasks to include, noting programs, email correspondence, stuffing mailers, etc.
- Resolve and record customer service inquiries; deadlines, tracking shipments, and providing some basic program implementation guidance
- As needed during peak times, facilitate implementation methods with program participants via phone
- Assist with organizing and processing survey data and feedback returned via mail, fax, and email
- Provide needed assistance to Program Coordinators and Program Managers
- Special department projects and other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of previous customer service experience
- 2-5 years of experience in an office environment
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with VLOOKUP and basic Excel functions is a plus
- Creative ability to introduce new ideas and concepts to projects
- Be comfortable on the phone, staying in control when under pressure or when receiving pushback
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with program participants and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple project schedules
- Takes great pride and ownership in the work produced
- Comfortable collaborating with others and enjoys a diversity of tasks and projects
- Can handle stress with grace and tact
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel up to 5%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer