Employee Health Coordinator: 40 Hours Per Week (Days)
Location: Central Lab - Human Resources
2434 Interstate Plaza Dr., Hammond, IN 46324
FTE: 1.0 (Full-time)
We are a highly reliable scientific organization building a culture of service. Our commitment advances the health, wellness and continuity of care in the communities we serve. We are one of the largest integrated laboratory networks serving hospitals in the Midwest region. Our network includes 32 hospitals and multiple physician offices.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
This individual is responsible for coordinating the employee health programs Alverno Laboratories.
Key responsibilities include:
• Reviews new hire health information and lab results. Approves new hires based on successful completion of test results. Maintains employee health files.
• Reviews employee injury reports and subsequent quality management forms.
• Maintains OSHA log for coworker injuries/incidents and report annually to OSHA.
• Responsible for generating annual OSHA reports.
• This individual may also provide general support to the Human Resources department.
• This individual shall maintain a healing environment for employees and patients with a spirit of caring and concern as incorporated in the philosophy of our Catholic healthcare systems while performing job functions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Associates / Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
• Experience with employee health / worker's compensation strongly preferred.
• Previous HR experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
• Excellent communication skills required.