Data Scientist Engineer
We are ALTEN Mexico, an engineering company that provides specialized solutions for engineering, technology and product development projects. Our team of more than 250 people work across industries including: Automotive, Energy, Aeronautics, Banking & insurance, Telecom & Multimedia and Rail. We offer project design development, test/validation, programming, implementation, and manufacturing solutions through different levels of service that ensure quality and autonomy to our client’s projects.
ALTEN Mexico is a subsidiary of ALTEN Group. ALTEN group has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years and operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 46,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels. Thanks to our global experience and strong technical knowledge we can develop and support from the original concept to the design, product development, production systems and implementation.
In Mexico we are registered and certificated to provide engineering services as specialized services company.
Welcome to the Engineer’s home ALTEN!
- Critical Thinking: Able to influence the strategic direction of the company by finding opportunities in large, rich data sets and crafting and implementing data driven strategies that fuel growth including cost savings, revenue, and profit.
- Modeling: Assessments, and evaluating impacts of missing/unusable data, design and select features, develop, and implement statistical/predictive models using edge algorithms on diverse sources of data and testing and validation of models.
- Analytics: Use analytical applications and languages like Python, Alteryx, and tools in GCP to identify trends and relationships between different pieces of data, draw appropriate conclusions and translate analytical findings into business strategies or analytics software.
- Data Engineering: Experience with crafting ETL processes to source and link data in preparation for Model/Algorithm development. This includes domain expertise of data sets in the environment, third-party data evaluations, data quality
-Visualization: Build visualizations to connect disparate data, find patterns and tell engaging stories. This includes both scientific visualization as well as geographic using applications such as QlikSense and GCP Data Products
- 3+ years of experience of practicing statistical methods and their accurate application e.g. ANOVA, principal component analysis, correspondence analysis, k-means clustering, factor analysis, multi-variate analysis, Neural Networks, causal inference, Gaussian regression, etc.
- 3+ years’ experience with Python, SQL, Cloud (preferably GCP).
- 3+ years’ Experience with big data technologies such as Azure Data Lake, GCP Big Query, Databricks, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, SQL and NO-SQL databases, etc.
- Good English level: intermediate or advanced (B2)
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
Please, send your CV in English.
Alten Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.