Global Commodity Buyer
We are currently seeking a Global Commodity Engineer to join our global team to help drive our strategic sourcing, supplier selection & development, supplier engineering, supplier performance management and materials cost reduction initiatives, with focus on the Mexico/Americas supply base.The main responsabilities are:
- Interface with Global Sourcing teams to prioritize supplier development needs by commodity to improve cost competitiveness or supply constraints.
- Interface with customer design engineering team to review, assess and develop new cost reduction ideas.
- Ensure supplier compliance while driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver performance.
- Drive business value by developing positive relationships with internal stakeholders and working closely with Global Sourcing leaders to manage, implement and track supplier r/engineering, design changes, capacity studies, New Product Introductions (NPI), and transitions.
- This role will also include 25-35% travel.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in Mechanical Assemblies, Sheet metal, Machining, Castings, Forgings or welding processes
- 3+ years managing and developing suppliers
- Knowledge of PPAP and APQP
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Solid understanding of various manufacturing techniques.
- Advanced interpersonal skills managing supplier relationships
- Proficiency in project management skills with the ability to close initiatives on time.
- Green Belt, DFSS, Black Belt, Lean certification and knowledge of tools such as DOE, DFM is preferred.
Alten Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.