The Electrical Designer Specialist role is to support an engineering center department in Tijuana,Otay.
The main responsibilities are:
1. Designing electric system of air handler units, plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria applied to HVAC units.
2. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices.
You may have the following competences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, or any other relate
- Deep understanding and experience with electrical systems/components such as industrial control panels, panel boards, transformers, circuit breakers, transfer switches, power supplies, UPS, contactors, VFDs, SPD, etc.
- 3 years of experience designing industrial control panel
- Experience using Autocad, Solidworks, or Autodesk Inventor
- VFD programming
- Strong knowledge of UL1995, UL508a and NEC
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, control drawings, service bulletins, equipment specifications, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers
- Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail; excellent organization skills
Alten Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.