Lavatory Version Engineer
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical and project oversight of Lavatory Module suppliers to ensure delivery of integrated engineering solutions meeting technical, weight, program, and schedule and cost targets.
- Create project specific deliverables including feasibility studies, integration plans, clash investigation and resolution, and creation of production documents.
- Analyze Customer Change Requests and Revise designs based on customer, manufacturing and/or design requirements.
- Define Preliminary Module Design for technical coordination with other functions (stress, flam, weights, etc) and determine technical repercussions after receiving Means of Compliance proposal documentation.
- Define Module Design for each customer’s initial aircraft by locating/identifying existing “known” solutions within the Airbus system and/or creating “Close to Known” versions of “known” solutions as applicable.
- Define/Validate Interfaces to the aircraft including development of customized modules installation requirements (including validation of both structural and system interfaces). This activity includes accomplishing preliminary design review (PDR) with suppliers to verify supplier module requirements are validated against the contracted specification and to ensure equipment is consistent with all requirements.
- Hold/accomplish a critical design review (CDR) to finalize Version Module Specification for the suppliers of Modules including acceptance of test plans as required.
- Validate the Customized Module Design by ensuring clash/interference free integration of the module into the aircraft by checking the 3-D model of the module against the aircraft’s 3-D model.
- Release the Customized Module Design by creating and/or monitoring creation of module installation drawings that are then checked and released within the 3D model environment.
- As an on-going process of product improvement suggest modifications regarding the design and development of aircraft cabins and components.
- Provide input to the design engineering elements of the integrated project plan to ensure it is technically robust.
- Develop and manage program enablers and ensure their timely and high-quality delivery.
- Develop solutions to handle complex/unique installations for which existing methods and procedures may not apply.
- Generate Technical Documentation such as Management Material & Technical Specifications, Standard Documents, Process Instructions, Engineering Baseline Descriptions, Technical Notes/Memos, etc.
- Guide and perform Verification and Validation (V&V), Qualification and Certification activities including release of the Declaration of Design Performance (DDP). Typically including review and acceptance of Qualification Test Reports in collaboration with relevant Engineering Specialists such as Flammability and Mass Properties.
- Support Continued Airworthiness activities: Investigations & Risk Analyses to In-Service Occurrences.
- Ensure that the design can be certified and all the necessary data for test and certification is produced. Contribute to the Certification of Head of Version Aircraft.
- Provide engineering support for production and manufacturing at Supplier’s manufacturing facility, and resolve any engineering discrepancies during installation at the Final Assembly Line (FAL)
- Provide engineering support for end user customers’ in-service difficulties.
- Analyze Customer Change Requests (CR) based on customer, manufacturing and/or design requirements.
- Represent the Company to customers and/ or suppliers on technical matters related to the assigned project or technical specialty. Provide a clear communication link between the vendor(s) and the Engineering team.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S) from a four-year college/university in Engineering or similar related subject area or equivalent education and experience.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Eligible for employment in the US
- This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Experience with developing solutions to a variety of complex engineering problems, requiring judgment and ingenuity within the aircraft product line.
- Experience in Aircraft Lavatory module customization, new development support, qualification and certification, Continued Airworthiness, cabin installation definition, supplier/RSP management, etc.
Location: Onsite in Mobile, AL
Alten Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.