Java Software Development Engineer
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Contract Software Engineer will upgrade java packages to JDK17, upgrade CDK versions from 1.0 to the latest version, and to assist with unblocking CI/CD pipelines and handling version discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of Java Software Engineering experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Required technology experience: cloud development kits, Java development, Kubernetes, Docker, containerization, AWS services (examples, S3, SNS, SQS, etc.)
- Java Programming: Proficiency in writing clean, efficient, and well-structured Java code.
- Java Frameworks: Familiarity with Java frameworks like Spring
- Testing: Knowledge of testing frameworks like Junit
- Aspect-Oriented Programming Frameworks: Familiarity with AOP frameworks and libraries, such as Spring AOP or AspectJ
- Build Tools: Understanding of build tools such as Apache Ant or Gradle to automate the build and deployment process
- CI/CD: Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment/Delivery
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP): Understanding and application of OOP concepts
- Version Control: Familiarity with version control systems like Git
- IDEs (Integrated Development Environments): Proficiency in using Java IDEs like Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, or NetBeans for coding and debugging.
- Debugging and Troubleshooting: Skills in debugging code, identifying and fixing bugs, and optimizing code for performance.
- Problem Solving: The ability to analyze problems, break them down into smaller components, and develop solutions efficiently.
- Documentation: The ability to create clear and comprehensive code documentation for future maintainability.
- Ideal candidate would have previous Amazon tooling experience, but this is not required.
Salary Range: $110K-$150K
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
Schedule: On-site in Westborough, MA
Alten Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.