Product Development Engineer
The Product Development Engineer role is to support Automotive T-1 team in Puebla in the development of interior products for T-1.
The main responsabilities are:
- Responsible for creation of Engineering BOM and release it in PLM and SAP
- Validate and Implement generic concepts for product under scope Analyze customer product specifications and applicable regulations/ legislations for his perimeter on program.
- Define the product functional analysis (based on standard) to translate customer specifications and internal requirements into clear product performance criteria.
- Propose FIS commitment on these criteria, and get approval from experts. Agree to the material choice (proposed by Material Expert) is able to meet mechanical performance.
- Support the creation and update of the product definition file in Product Data Management (PDM). Responsible to define RPS of assigned part with support from PDE
- Give the necessary inputs to the Product Design Engineer (PDE) to ensure that the design meets the defined performance. Support the PDE with regard to specifications knowledge and product robustness if needed.
- Participate in design reviews. Responsible for ECR and ECO and subsequent BOM update where needed.
- Lead the KPC identification. Lead DFMEA. (based on standards) Ensure consistency between GD&T (incl. Tolerance stacks) and process feasibility.
- Lead the product validations (DVPhase2, DVPhase3 & PVPhase3) for his perimeter on program. Define, plan, and follow the product validations (CAE and physical tests). Define the product improvements to meet the specifications. Define BOP specifications. Support Make or Buy. Participate to SNC for BOP (ensure consistency between BOP specifications and suppliers’ commitments).
- Formalize Purchase Requests for BOP tools kick off and modifications. If applicable, for Development or Expert Supplier, guide and manage the development done by the supplier.
- Support PDL to document SLI in PSNext Lead system/assy geometrical conformity assessment (including get the measurements through geometry centre). According to simulation/validation/measurement results, define necessary product geometry/interfaces improvements to meet the specifications.
- Define mock-up sheets for design improvement. Communicate ECRs which should be considered in guidelines / best practices to D&D Deputy Manager/ GTS Support the PDL to reach the quality, costs and timing targets of the program.
- Define engineering levels to be used by (Pilot) Plant during launch. Report to the PDL, for his perimeter on program, the following PRC template data: DVPh2, DVPh3, PVPh3, Geometry Dft, Dim Conf. PC Q PH2 and Meisterbock in PH 3 Support PDL and PQL during PPAP and
- Launch Support EFM by loading all required documents into PLM and contribute to achievement of Client Engineering Milestones as well as Customer Program Milestones.At the end of a program, make appropriate capitalization documents (Lessons learned, Technical Reports) to feed/improve Standards and Guidelines.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor of Mechanical, Industrial or Mechatronic engineering sciences
- 4+ years of experience
- Plastic injection and/or premium covering competences
- Experience working with launch projects
- Strong teamwork sense and communication skills
- English required.
Alten Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.