Senior Control Systems Hardware Designer
Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future!
Take your place among thebest in the business, and grow your career with the Industrial Automation division at ATS Automation.Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment toquality.
We attract some of the most talented and motivated individuals from a range of fields, with our global offering andgrowth opportunities as we expand on a global scale.
Produces complete controls solutions and electrical design packages based on customer specifications andstandardized design practices used at ATS
• Work with mechanical designers during mechanical design process to design a control system that will enablethe machine to perform its intended function safely and reliably.
• Formulate and produce complete electrical design package, which includes detailed schematics, cable routingdiagrams, panel layouts, bills of materials and material requisition forms, based on ATS standard specificationsand the customers’ requirements.
• Work with other members of the Controls Engineering Department and other groups to continuously improvemethods of integrating controls technology, with the goals being enhanced safety, enhanced functionality andreduced cost.
• Work with other members of the Controls Engineering Department and other groups to ensure that labourbudgets and material budgets are adhered to or improved upon.
• Specify all electrical and controls-related hardware and software and produce requisition forms for materialpurchases.
• Integrate third party equipment and electronic component entry into electrical design package. Examplesinclude serial communications, hardware handshaking, opto-isolation, electrical and ultrasonic weldingapplications, vision systems, motion control products, transducers and signal conditioners.
• Verify that electrical design package is complete, accurate and safe based on sound design practices andaccepted standards, and that the I/O lists meet program requirements prior to issue to shop floor.
• Work with customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers and electricians to solve problems in order toprovide the customer with a complete, functional system.
• Work with other members of the Controls Engineering Department and other groups to continuously improvemethods of integrating controls technology.
• Provide customers with training specific to their current project (i.e. electrical hardware, machine operation,programming principles, program functionality and program structure).
• Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with theATS Code of Business Conduct.
• Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Requirements
• Due to arc flash and shock hazards, voltage-rated gloves and 100% cotton, long-sleeve shirts must be worn atall times when working on live panels.
• Employees must comply at all times with the specific PPE requirements identified on the ARC Flash andShock Hazard Warning Labels (see below for your information.) These will be posted at Switchgear locations,breaker panels, bus ducts and equipment related power drops.
• Please refer to the Workplace Electrical Safety Program for specific details.
A post-secondary technology diploma or engineering degree or equivalent, specializing in electronics, electrical orcontrols technology.
Three years experience in electrical control systems design, preferably in the industrial automation field. Aworking knowledge of AutoCAD and the ability to keep abreast of leading-edge technology is essential.
Why Join ATS?
Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages - coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, TreatDay is every other week!
Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
And much more!
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request,assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those whorequire assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.
Alten Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.