We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
We are looking for an Account Manager who will be responsible for sales and consulting services, recruitment, and management of engineering consultants in a professional and international environment. In short, your job will be to strive for happy Alten consultants and satisfied customers. By coaching your consultants and by creating continuous opportunities for them you create a dynamic and committed environment which helps stimulate business and support our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creating new business opportunities by prospecting new customers within engineering sectors.
- Manage existing account relationships supporting active Client projects.
- Optimizing business profitability with mid-size accounts.
- Closing deals on service-based contracts or on time-based contracts.
- Responsible for determining proposal and pricing strategy to close sales and win business. Support the company to meet its commercial objectives.
- Continuously recruit, interview and match candidates to have already qualified talent ready to meet customer’s current and anticipated needs.
- Organizing & coordinating the commercial relationships with your partners.
- Building close customer relationships and staying in close contact with customer managers to gain trust and develop business needs.
- Work within Salesforce to track leads and sales performance data.
- Travel to existing and prospective customer sites to understand and develop solutions to support customer needs, with support from the technical team as needed.
- MSc or BSc degree in engineering or business
- 1+ years of Business Development, Account Management or Sales.
- Established network of relevant engineering contacts and customers.
- Excellent communications skills with all levels of candidates, clients and employees.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed.
Alten Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.