Medical Assistant, Full Time
We are seeking candidates for a full-time Medical Assistant. Flexibility, professional appearance, good communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment are crucial for this role. The office requires attention to details while maintaining a welcoming presence for both patients, their parents, and visitors.
As the Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for preparing patients during office visits and assisting patients and family members before, during, and after a doctor’s visit. During your day, you will perform a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians and nursing personnel. Successful candidates for this role will deliver quality customer service and maintain established quality control standards. Someone with strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills is a good fit for this healthcare role.
Founded in 2006, Allied Physicians Group is one of the largest private Pediatric medical partnerships with the New York Metropolitan Area. The groups’ independence is an integral part to our success because it is not owned by a health system, hospital or insurance company. This freedom allows Allied doctors to refer patients to the specialists that are best for the child. Allied is comprised of more than 150 Caring Pediatric Providers who provide patient-centered care and collaborate on their best practices.
Allied mission is to provide the highest quality healthcare with exceptional service to all who enter our doors. Our vision is to create an exceptional patient experience with a culture that empowers our staff and other professional fulfillment to our providers. Our Core Values are what makes our Culture:
- Rooms patients according to company standards
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate fashion
- Coordinating out-patient testing and referrals and hospital pre-admission when necessary.
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times
- Preparing, restocking, and disinfecting examination rooms, procedure rooms, lab area, and all other patient care areas at scheduled intervals and as needed.
- Representing clinic in a professional manner and treating all customers and fellow employees in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Attending required meetings and participating in team activities and professional development activities.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated ability to perform dosage calculations and measurement conversions.
- Basic computer literacy required
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- EMR experience (GE Centricity) preferred
- Current professional certification as a Medical Assistant or eligible for certification within 90 days of employment, a plus.
- Bi-Lingual English/Spanish a plus
- Medical office that is both physically and emotionally demanding
- Standing or stooping for long periods of time.
- Mild physical labor to complete the tasks at hand.
- Exposure to blood, chemicals, and other bodily fluids.
- Possible heavy lifting (infants, toddlers, children)
- Other physical demands that coincide with the duties of a laboratory professional.
Compensation & Benefits offered:
(You must work a minimum of 30 hours a week to be eligible for benefits)
- Pay Rate: Negotiable, Dependent Upon Experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Voluntary 401K & 3% Profit Sharing (after one-year)
- Paid Time Off
- Basic Life and Supplemental Life Insurance
- NYS Short-Term Disability (STD)
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance Products
- Wellness Programs and Coaching
- Employee Discount Program
Opportunity to take be a part of a growing organization focused on unparalleled patient care.
Allied Physicians Group and Adjuvant.Health requires all new hires to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status upon offer of employment. Positions requiring direct patient contact will require new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19 This is a condition of employment, unless a religious or medical exemption is approved.
This organization participates in E-Verify. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, domestic status, civil union status, pregnancy, employee’s or dependent’s reproductive decision making, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), gender identity or expression, predisposing genetic characteristic, genetic information, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or HIV status (AIDS/HIV status), arrest record, status as a victim of domestic violence, past convictions (in accordance with applicable law), or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.