Senior Software Engineer
Allegheny Science & Technology (AST) is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to provide technical and programmatic support to a federal client in Morgantown, WV or Pittsburgh, PA. This position will provide support, develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements.
- Translate business requirements to technical specifics and develop software architecture and design based on the client or company requirements.
- Maintain effective lines of communication to ensure efficient and effective development of requested products.
- Use applications, tools and other resources to create required codes and keep all information and codes confidential.
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies and solutions, validate the software developed and debug codes.
- Document developed software, thoroughly test prior to implementation, and maintain timelines of delivering the requested programs.
- Participate in regularly scheduled Change Control Board (CCB) meetings.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field.
- 10 years of related experience in performing coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.
- Knowledge of DOE business practices and related business systems.